Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday 6th October 2013

Today the blizzard has reduced to about 30 knots which is great as I have a moon bounce sked today. I had a couple yesterday but I had to cancel those ones due to the high winds . I went down to the shack early and conditions were awesome and twelve meters was on fire. I put a few calls out and in no time I had a huge pile up going and made hundreds of contacts with mostly EU and JA stations. After a couple of hours I had to give it away as my mouth was so dry and I needed something to eat.

Later I came back and worked many contacts also on twelve meters using the JT65HF mode. My EME sked was at 17:40 and I successfully worked IW5DHN in Italy and also ON4GG from Belgium. I also tried to work another station in the States who I managed to get five good decodes before the moon sank too low in the sky to continue. I was thrilled with this achievement and by the time I packed up it was dark and cold outside. This weeks effort has brought my EME tally up six stations now.  


View looking west of the station

No comments:

Post a Comment