Tuesday 29 October 2013

Tuesday 29th October 2013

Today was another busy day getting ready for the summer crew. The Aurora Australis has been stuck in pack ice en route to Davis station for a few days now delaying the incoming summer crew and science work as well as delaying the departure of our five winterers. I fixed a UPS and change the battery before installing this on in the field store. I re-cabled the video conference in the Operations building conference room and climbed the roof of the Operations building to remove the faulty web camera to pack up and send back to Kingston via V1.

I wrote a story for this week’s Icy news and posted Georges DVD while the Mawson Post office was open. Mawson station even has its own post code 7151 Tasmania. Today Cookie, Geoff, Jeremy and Peter L set out the ski way on the sea ice for the expected aircraft to land sometime this week. After dinner I worked on my blog until late.


 Luc the Post Master

No comments:

Post a Comment