Wednesday 30 October 2013

Wednesday 30th October 2013

Today I really got stuck into the RTA and I managed to finish all the packing and paper work except for 3 printers and 2 large UPS. I moved one UPS on my own from the operations building to the green store and it was so heavy. I will need help to move the battery bank as well as the other unit over in the ANARESAT building.

I had an EME sked with Paul ZS6NK. At first I got some great reflections and it looked like it was going to be an easy contact then signals started to fade out to nothing which was disappointing but that what makes it so good when you finally have success . Later I went over to the ANARESAT building to reset the ATU that has been in standby for a couple of week (since the last power outage) and it wouldn't reset with a warm start so I had to perform a cold start which made us loose comms to Kingston for half an hour because a router locked up. In the late afternoon I did geo-magnetic observation practice. For the people’s night, Luc put on a documentary on the race to claim and drill for oil and gas in the Arctic which was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment