Monday 20 May 2013

Monday 20th May 2013

After the weekend today was bound to be a slow day. I spent quite a bit of time going through all my emails and catching up on things. After I did the APANSA filter change I then had to do my turn at looking after the hydroponics garden. This involves filling all the tanks, checking the food concentration and adjusting as necessary, checking the temperature and humidity. Also trimming and hanging up all the runners. Every thing is coming along so well we cant eat it fast enough. The tomato's are coming along well and we might get to harvest some in a week or so.

One of the engineers at Kingston came back from leave today and fixed our telephone fault in five minutes. He didn't elaborate what the problem was but it's pretty obvious it was a program change he made several months ago.

While the weather has been reasonably good I thought we should try and attempt to find the tide gauge and try and down load the past eighteen months data, so I went to wombat and gathered all the equipment required. Most of the gear is in very poor condition and I will try and service it and get it in better condition before attempting to drill holes in the sea ice to look for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment