First up I took a look at my blown up 6m amplifier and found the four 5.1 ohm bias resistors that had burnt out. I searched through both Comms and Met and could only come up with 5.6 ohm resistors as 5.1 ohms is not a preferred value. My last chance is the Aironomy building. If there is none there then I will have to try 5.6 ohms and adjust the bias and hope for the best and hope the FET’s are OK too.
I started back on reordering and auditing and by lunch time I had had enough. I did a bit of research through some old field log books on a few places I would like to visit and while doing this I discovered some more field notes from the 1960’s so I scanned a lot of pages and then the printer jammed up. I then spent the next three hours stripping down the printer to find the problem. It was a mongrel job and eventually I found a tiny corner of a page jammed out of sight blocking a sensor. Talk about ruin your day. After dinner at the people’s night we watched some time laps movies from Jeremy and some photo’s from Luc of his time on Willis Island Met station.
My 6m amplifier guts
Two of the four fried resistors