Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Monday 25th November 2013

Well today was a crappy day with blowing snow and 40 knots of wind and it felt cold. I spent the morning modifying the other flux gate compass display for geo-mag. After smoko I finally found the tide gauge hidden in a steel drum. Someone thinking it was dangerous goods had removed it from its original box and repacked it, he should have kept his noise out of someone else’s business. I opened it and thank goodness the oils had not leaked out and caused air bubbles and I reconnected the power ready for deployment and put it back together.

After lunch I tested the BGAN satellite phone and found a routing problem with the in dial numbering scheme and I rewrote the operating notes once again. I discovered this radio experiences periodic loss of receive signal strength possibly caused by multipath reception and I might have to move it to a different location away from the red shed. I also rewrote my geo-mag notes again. Later I made a couple of contacts on the radio and had an early night.

Oil leaking from the tide gauge
BGAN satellite antenna in the small ray dome
Periodic loss of receive signal strength possibly caused by multipath reception

No comments:

Post a Comment