Thursday 21 November 2013

Thursday 21st November 2013

It was a perfect day today, zero wind and nice blue sky. Peter L took a few others out to Auster rookery and it must have been terrific out there. I spent the morning catching up on emails and sorting out a few small issues. The new tide gauge that the guy’s sent to me from Hobart arrived but the box was empty, so I’m still trying to sort this mystery out.

After doing ARPANSA I got my kit organised to head out to Macey hut tonight and onto Auster rookery tomorrow morning. In the late afternoon I did this week’s geo-mag observations and sent the results off. After dinner I rode the fifty kilometres to Masey hut with Darron, Ashley and Dean. The ride was pretty easy as we rode in the Hag tracks that returned this afternoon. 

I was surprised to see the hut surrounded by Adélie penguins, with some of them even sitting on eggs. The hut was pretty cramped with four people so I decided to sleep in the Apple on my own. I was having a really crappy sleep until I changed beds and then I slept like a baby.






No comments:

Post a Comment