Sunday 26 January 2014

Sunday 26th January 2014

Today I had a bit of a sleep in and took things easy all morning. I cooked a Fray Bentos pie for lunch seeing it was Australia day and it was bloody great, what an amazing invention. After lunch I got ready for the field trip leaving tomorrow and once I was sorted I got some gear organised and went fishing out on West arm.

I thought I could find access to some deep water there but it wasn't too good. There is deep water as the cliffs fall straight down in places but the sea was frozen over so I had to find a huge rock to smash through the sea ice to get my line in. I couldn't get out from the cliffs and I didn't get a bite the whole time, but it was relaxing and I enjoyed the solitude and the warm sun. There was no wildlife and the silence was deafening.

That was my Australia day. Late in the afternoon I went down to the radio shack and had a few contacts including a couple from Queensland who I had a long chat with who were celebrating Australia day. Dinner was a lamb on the spit which was a bit raw and after this we watched coast and then a crazy Australian movie that wasn't too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment