Monday 22 July 2013

Monday 22nd July 2013

I woke up to the sound of a roaring eighty knot blizzard and as it was not my week to do the ARPANSA filter change I smiled, turned the alarm and light off and went back to sleep. I woke just in time for a shower before smoko. This was a great opportunity to catch up on everything. I caught up on all my emails and updated a couple of days on my blog, and then I did all my washing and cleaned the bathroom, and vacuumed and emptied all the bins.

By now it was lunch time and I had some tomato soup. After lunch I chipped away on my blog again until two thirty when I lined up Keldyn to come out into the blizzard with me to take some photos and movie footage. The wind was so strong it would blow you off your feet at times so imagine what a one hundred knot blizzard would be like. It is extremely tiring trying to walk in a blizzard and after forty minutes we came back inside exhausted and sweating.

I think I’ll give my ice axe making a miss tonight as I have no desire to walk down to the mechanical work shop in this weather.
                                                              
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment