Thursday 4 July 2013

Thursday 4th July 2013

It was still blowing hard again today when I got up and after smoko I decided to go back to the ANARESAT building again to replace some faulty hard drives I noticed yesterday. Once again the door was blizzed in and I had to spend forty minutes digging out the snow once again. I changed the faulty hard drives then made my way back to the office.

Back in the office I checked for a spare fibre path from ANARESAT to the Ops building so I can re-patch the backup server so we can recover all our backup data without slowing down the station data. After many hours working on this I was instructed by head office to temporarily relocate the server to the operations building which will be a fun task carrying this heavy equipment up the steep snow wall in minus twenty when we next have a windless day. The rest of the day I worked on the BGAN satellite phone system and its documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment