Friday 22 February 2013

Friday 15th February 2013

Today was spent cleaning up any loose items and debris left out so it won’t fly away during the forecasted blizzard? All wood gets taken down to Warren the incinerator to help burn the waste. I did an audit on both the transmit and receive antenna farms looking for any damage or required maintenance. I decided I will set up my ham radio equipment in the old transmitter building. (Circa 1950's) This is not the place I wanted to setup as the antennas that go to the receivers hut are better orientated and there is also a tandem delta, but all the antennas going to the receive hut are fed with low power baluns (250 watt) and I can’t find any spare high power baluns, so the transmitter hut is the only choice. It’s a nice big building though where I have access to two sloping terminated Vee antennas (80 & 158 degrees) and a 70m monopole. The rest of the day was rather uneventful.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment