Sunday 8 September 2013

Sunday 8th September 2013

Today was a total write off as when I woke it was a raging 100 knot blizzard outside. The noise woke me up about 5 am and I couldn't get back to sleep. I went for a walk up to the highest point on the station to feel the raw power of 185km/h wind and driving snow. It was insane, let go of the bliz line and nearly every gust would blow you right off your feet. I took a bit of video and then made my way back to the red shed totally exhausted.

After lunch I phoned through our election results to the Electoral Commission and then I decided to go down to the transmitter hut for a few hours. I wore my motorcycle helmet with a video camera attached to the top and got some really good blizzard footage on my way there and back again. The 20m band was wide open with dozens of US stations calling in the Asian contest. I spoke to a many stations including Australian, Japanese, Indian, Malayan, Russian, USA and Canadian. After, I worked on my blog till late in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment