Saturday 13 April 2013

Saturday 13th April 2013

 I slept in only getting up to do the APANSA filter change and was annoyed to find Chris had just done it, so I made some lunch and wandered over to the green shed to have a spa and to read my book for an hour and a half. It was just what I needed and I felt rejuvenated afterwards.

I spent a couple of hours in the transmitter hut in the afternoon and got cleaned up for Saturdays dinner which is always our fancy night of the week. We had twenty four hour stake (stake cooked for twenty four hours at fifty degrees) and deep fried prawns on secures.  It was nice but I don’t eat much red meat these days and I struggled to eat half of it. Latter I chatted with a few of the guys for a couple of hours and after a bottle of wine I went to bed early.

I woke at about one o’clock and went down to the transmitter hut to try and work into Europe again and Rod in New Zea land on 160m but conditions were not very favourable so after a while I called it quits and went back to bed again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Craig, Thanks for the contact not often can someone on the 46th in Wisconsin work Antarctica on 20 meters with old tube Drake and Heathkit gear on 20 meters with a vertical. Take care and 73's W0XAZ john

    ReplyDelete