Thursday 3 October 2013

Thursday 3rd October 2013

Today I wanted to investigate a fault with the radio console system and hopefully repair it. It appeared to be a software issue and I need to locate a manual to continue any further. I finish off the tide gauge manual and in the afternoon I had a moon bounce sked with Tim N3XX in the US. It was looking impossible for a while and then suddenly I got three returns from him and things were looking up.

Then it went quiet for another twenty two minutes and I thought it was all over and then he came back again. The moon was only five degrees above my horizon at this stage and I couldn't even see it due to the thick cloud. That’s a round trip of 774,879 kilometres and my best effort yet and I was very happy with the results.

Tonight’s foreign movie was a Norwegian horror movie and wasn't too bad. Justin and Chris rode up to Mt Henderson hut tonight to be part of the SAR excise tomorrow.


My antenna


Tim's antenna

4 comments:

  1. G'day Craig, great results,
    still looks like Mawson scrap heap to me.
    Take care, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean?
    It's a technological marvel and work of art !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mate work of art mmmm? Sims metal $1.75, memories $1,000,000

    ReplyDelete