Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Tuesday 8th October 2013

Today the blizzard has intensified and it’s now blowing sixty knots. I decided today I would reassemble the 1kW amplifier and put it back into service. I ended up having to assemble all the equipment required for the upcoming Tregoning summer project. This is a field trip six hundred kilometres out to place GPS units on nunataks to measure if the ground is rising, falling or stable. If global warming is reducing the ice sheet then the ground will be rising. It got too late to go down to the transmitter building, so I did some work cleaning up the workshop. I repaired a GPS and boxed up all the redundant equipment to be RTAed and also ran some checks on the radio console system.

No comments:

Post a Comment