Wednesday 20 November 2013

Wednesday 20th November 2013

I woke up very tired this morning and was quite slow to get moving. After doing a lot of emails I decided to reinstall the new tide gauge sent down on V1. I went for a long walk down to the sea ice to inspect the conditions and walked into a big sea ice melt pool under the snow and got soaking wet. 

I had organised with Barbra to release Stefen to do some survey work for me and I started to prepare the equipment. After doing ARPANSA and having smoko, I went back to the workshop and opened the heavy box containing the tide gauge only to discover the box was empty! 

They had forgotten to put it in or had sent the wrong box? 

Hmm, some red faces over that one. I got another job done that has been sitting on my bench for the past few months. I installed a circuit board into a diecast box and mounted a DB9 connector on the outside. This is an external peripheral interface box for my Flex 5000.

No comments:

Post a Comment