Tuesday 4 June 2013

Tuesday 4th June 2013

Finally I got a break in helping to rebuild our servers and I spent most of the day putting together my monthly report. With all the break downs we didn’t achieve too much last month and my list of things to do in June has nearly doubled. The weather is still great and the sun is getting lower and lower hardly getting above the horizon now and we seem to have a permanent sun rise come sunset all day, well all 5 hours or our day. I am really struggling to get out of bed in the mornings now. My body needs the sun light just as much as a coffee to fire on all cylinders. Some of the guy’s have the opposite effect and are yawning at three o’clock in the afternoon and want to go to bed at five o’clock. After work I took a stroll down to the shack to see what was happening and to my surprise my amplifier decided to work so I had a ball working thirty plus stations on 20m, 15m and 10m including a station on Christmas Island and another to a comms tech working on Marion Island South African research station. It was nice to compare places and his work compared to mine.

Marion Island South African research station

No comments:

Post a Comment